- About Our School
- Subject Choices 2020
- Senior Phase Choices - new S4, S5 and S6
- Borders College Courses
Borders College Courses
Borders College run their Schools Academy on a Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, predominantly at their campus in Galashiels.
Transport is free and runs from school, leaving at 12:20pm, and returning at about 5:15pm. This is a serious commitment in terms of time, and you must be prepared to make this journey twice a week in order to be successful on the course.
Courses are available at at Levels 3,4, 5, 6 and 7. There are a number of courses at each level:
- Construction Craft and Technician (Level 4)
- Early Education and Childcare (Level 4)
- Engineering Schools Academy (Level 4)
- Engineering Skills (Level 4)
- Engineering – Automotive Skills (Level 4)
- Built Environment (Level 5)
- Introduction to Hospitality (City and Guilds Award - Level 4)
- Introduction to Rural Skills (Level 3)
- Landbased – Animal Care (Level 4)
- Landbased – Agriculture (Level 4)
- Landbased – Forestry (Level 4)
- Gamekeeping (Level 5)
- Health Sector Studies (Level 5)
- Health and Social Care (Level 5)
- Scottish Racing Academy - Horsecare (Level 4)
- Scottish Racing Academy - Race Yard Routine (Level 5)
- Computing Science (Level 5)
- Hairdressing and Beauty (Level 3)
- Sport – Aspiring Performers Programme (Level 4)
Level 6 - Equivalent to a Higher
- Fitness Instructing
- Software Development
- Access to Creative Education in Scotland (ACES)
- Psychology (Higher)
- Health, Fitness and Exercise
Foundation Apprenticeships - start at Level 6 in Year 1, Level 7 in year 2. Click here Foundation Apprenticeship video
- IT Software Development
- Civil Engineering (Tuesday pm and all of Wednesday)
- Business Skills
- Creative and Digital Media
- Social Services Healthcare
- Social Services: Children and Young People
Applications can be considered in the first instance by speaking to your Pastoral teacher.
For more detailed course information click here. Then tick the 'Schools Academy' checkbox on the left - all the courses above are then listed.
You can find more general information on their website here. Borders College staff will be available at our Careers Evening in February.
There is also available information in the leaflet below.