- About Our School
- Subject Choices 2021
- Senior Phase Choices - new S4, S5 and S6
- Borders College Courses
Borders College Courses
Borders College run their Schools Academy on a Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, predominantly at their campus in Galashiels, but from this year parts of all courses will be delivered online.
Transport is free and runs from school, leaving at 12:20pm, and returning at about 5:15pm. This is a serious commitment in terms of time, and you must be prepared to make this journey twice a week in order to be successful on the course.
Courses are available at at Levels 3,4, 5, 6 and 7. There are a number of courses at each level:
- Skills for Learning and Work - (level 2)
- Foundation Apprenticeship - Hospitality - (level 4/5)
- Personal Presentation and Enterprise Skills - (level 4)
- Skills for Work: Early Education and Childcare -(level 4)
- Animal Care - Schools (level 4)
- Workplace Skills Award: Growing Rural Talent (level 4)
- Rural Skills for Work - Schools Link (level 4)
- Scottish Racing Academy - NPA Level 4 Horsecare - Schools (level 4)
- Foundation Apprenticeship - Skills for Work: Automative Skills Nat4 - Schools (level 4)
- Health Sector Studies - Schools Link (level 5)
- NPA Forestry at SCQF Level 5 - (level 5)
- Aspiring Performers Programme - (level 5)
- Scottish Racing Academy - NPA Level 5 Race Yard Routine - (level 5)
- NPA Cyber Security - Schools (level 5)
- Computing Science Schools Academy Nat 4/5 - (level 5)
Level 6 - Equivalent to a Higher, some of these lead to Level 7 qualifications in year 2. Click here Foundation Apprenticeship video
- Foundation Apprenticeship Civil Engineering -Fast track
- Foundation Apprenticeship: Social Services: Children and Young People - Fast track
- Foundation Apprenticeship - Healthcare Fast track
- NQ Psychology (Higher) Schools Link
- NPA Software Development Schools Academy - Schools Link
- Foundation Apprenticeship Software Development - Fast track
- NPA Events - Schools Link
- Foundation Apprenticeship: Accountancy - Year 1
- Certificate in Fitness Instructing - Schools Academy
- Foundation Apprenticeship Business Skills - Year 1
Applications can be considered in the first instance by speaking to your Pastoral teacher.
For more detailed course information click here. Then tick the 'Schools Academy' checkbox on the left - all the courses above are then listed.
You can find more general information on their website here.
There is also available information in the spreadsheet below.