- About Our School
- Subject Choices 2021
- Senior Phase Choices - new S4, S5 and S6
- Social Subjects, Business and RME Faculty Courses
In Economics you will develop your understanding of the economic environment in which we live by enabling you to understand economic concepts in real-life contexts.
The courses highlight how important economic concepts, government policies and global trade affect our daily lives, and deepen understanding of how markets work. You will develop an in-depth understanding of economic problems, as well as the ability to explain those problems and consider possible solutions to them.
It covers the following areas of study:
- Economics of the Market - understanding choices and how consumers/businesses react to changes in markets.
- UK Economic Activity - understanding economic issues such as inflation and unemployment and UK taxation.
- Global Economic Activity - the world of international trade, exchange rates, rich and poor countries.
It is assessed as follows:
Nat 5 & Higher
- Question Paper = 90 marks
- Assignment = 30 marks
- Question Paper = 80 marks
- Assignment = 40 marks
Due to the fact that we are a small school, Economics is not offered every year. Please speak to Mrs Martin if you are interested in studying this subject.