The course consists of four areas of study.
- Software design and development
- Computer systems
- Database design and development
- Web design and development
The course assessment has two components totalling 160 marks:
- Component 1: question paper – worth 110 marks (consisting of 2 sections: section 1 worth 25 marks, and section 2 worth 85 marks)
- Component 2: assignment – worth 50 marks.
For the assignment component you will be given three tasks to complete, by solving computing science problems in the areas of software design and development, database design and development and web design and development. You will gain marks for use of the following skills on each task: analysis, design, implementation, testing and evaluation.
The grade awarded is based on the total marks achieved across course assessments. The course assessment is graded A-D.