- About Our School
- Subject Choices 2021
- Senior Phase Choices - new S4, S5 and S6
- Information for new S4 Students - The Process
Information for new S4 Students - The Process
Please consider the following information carefully:
You will study courses at levels 3,4 or 5 in S4. Most courses are called Nationals, but some are what is called National Progression Awards.
Every S4 student studies English and Maths - these are not part of your choices. In addition you will receive PE, PSE and RME lessons.
There are 5 free choices, based around subjects on offer in 5 columns.
S4, 5 and 6 students can be timetabled together in these columns.
Courses are delivered by school staff or staff from Borders College.
It is expected that you will be continuing courses started in S3. Consider where you are successful and making progress in your studies. There are other courses available in school, which you may not have studied yet. These are:
- Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies (RMPS)
- Laboratory Science
- Personal Development Award (E.g. Chill 'n' Chat cafe - by invitation)
- Greenpower Car - Skills for Work
- Practical Woodwork
- Construction - Foundation Apprenticeship
- Borders College School Academy Courses (a mixture of Online and at college learning)
You will need to see your Pastoral Teacher if you have other ideas about what you will study.
Please examine the course options on the sheet below, and then click on each faculty to find out more.
We will collect your choices in electronically by Friday 14th May. In addition to selecting courses you will be asked to identify which is your top choice and so on down to your fifth choice. We can use this information to allocate places if a course is oversubscribed.
Please be aware that we may need to adjust our courses based on staff availability and course take up.