This is a fascinating area of study covering a wide range of subjects. What they have in common is the focus on the human. It embraces our understanding of our environment to our beliefs, in an attempt to provide explanations for the human experience.
This exploration of what it means to be human can also be pursued through examining the diversity of past civilizations or by studying contemporary issues as wide ranging as population, economic growth and business. In short the ‘proper study of mankind is man’.
Social Subjects staff
- Mrs Sarah Martin: Principal Teacher of Social Subjects and Teacher of Business Management, Economics and Admin & IT
- Miss Taylor Smeaton: Teacher of RME/RMPS and Principal Teacher of Partnerships/DYW
- Mr Bruce Watson: Teacher of Modern Studies and German
- Mr Alistair Scott: Teacher of Geography
- Miss Martha Riddell: Teacher of History
- Mr Jordan Noon: Teacher of Modern Studies
- Miss Emer Carroll: Teacher of Business Management
SNOW DAYS: Pupils can find work on Teams, on the relevant subject pages of the school website, Edmodo, One Note or the teacher may have set work in class beforehand.